This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of World Renew Canada
World Renew is an experienced and highly respected development and disaster response organization with a history that spans sixty years. It is a network of committed, talented professional staff, volunteers and supporters focused on alleviating poverty and injustice and addressing the multiple hardships that derive from them. World Renew is faith-based, knowledge rich, highly adaptive and committed to evolving as challenges arise. A bi-national organization, headquartered in Canada and the US, World Renew enjoys the governance of two boards working together in a joint ministry agreement. World Renew Canada seeks a director to lead the mission and ensure fiscal and organizational health.
The next Executive Director of World Renew Canada should be one who brings people together, motivates them to achieve targeted results, and is able to inspire the ongoing support of constituents and partners. Due to the co-directorship with the Executive Director in the US, World Renew Canada is looking for a highly collaborative partner and team player who will help the organization achieve its priorities and desired culture. If you are a culturally competent leader with a passion for global equity, possess exceptional communication skills, and are motivated to serve God and neighbour through highly effective relief and development efforts, we’d love to hear from you!
- Post-secondary degree (Master’s degree is preferred) in a relevant field – e.g. Business Administration, Theology, Social Work.
- At least ten years of senior management experience (managing organization wide programs and supervising other managers or directors) with a preference for international development and/or disaster response experience.
- Compassion for people in situations of poverty.
- A strong commitment to building the diversity of World Renew staff and Board.
- Courageous in pursuit of God’s call to justice, ending racism and discrimination, actively standing against systemic injustices.
- Strong commitment to working collaboratively within a bi-national structure to ensure effective ministries domestically and internationally.
- Demonstrated capability to lead a team of professionals.
- Solid knowledge of foreign and domestic programming.
- Strong administrative, organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent personal and organizational communication skills - presenting, reinforcing key organizational messages, motivating, connecting and influencing.
- A working knowledge of the Christian Reformed Church.
- Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing the Covenant for Office bearers or by signing a comparable document.
- Able to sign World Renew Canada’s Statement of Faith and Lifestyle Policy.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, 25-30% of the time.
Location: Burlington, ON
Application Deadline: June 1, 2022
Start Date: August 2022
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.