Westminster Classical Christian Academy
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Westminster Classical Christian Academy.
Westminster Classical Christian Academy, in Toronto’s High Park, is a relatively new school community of 80 young students (JK-8). WCCA employs a time-honoured classical model of education, through which students gain great depth and breadth of knowledge, and the tools that lead to a lifelong love of learning. Classical education focuses on the art of thinking. Our goal is to develop articulate, thoughtful, and discerning students, preparing them to live faithfully in God’s world.
EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP & ADMINISTRATION
- Provides visible, relational, and spiritual leadership to the Faculty and student body.
- Oversees the overall daily operations of the school.
- Maintains conduct befitting a disciple of Christ, particularly in both public and private conversation (including Social Media).
- As a non-voting member of the Board, provides key status updates and collaborates with the Board to establish policies and processes.
- Actively participates in Board meetings on a monthly basis and writes monthly reports.
- Creates and manages the budget in liaison with the Board.
- Oversees course scheduling and school calendar.
- Administers student disciplinary measures, including probation, suspension, or expulsion.
- Interviews prospective families and is responsible for admissions decisions.
- Resolves interpersonal problems, applying Biblical principles.
- Develops and implements performance metrics.
- Leads in developing the strongest possible educational programs to promote the objectives of the school; to educate students with a Biblical worldview, develop Christian virtues, and to sharpen critical thinking.
- Reviews current curricular choices, adjusting them where necessary to ensure an overarchingly robust, thorough, and sequential academic program.
- Reviews and approves curricular goals for each grade and evaluates curriculum and program with appropriate Faculty.
- Manages new technologies and resources while thoughtfully and critically limiting their impact on Classical methods.
- Plans weekly Chapel Service.
- Oversees all school events and extracurricular activities.
- As a committed Christian, lives a life of integrity and humility, and fully embraces the WCCA Statement of Faith & Core Family Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience preferred in Classical education, ideally in a K-8 setting.
- Demonstrated history of effective leadership in a Christian school (5 yr. min.)
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website
Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: June 8, 2021
TO APPLY: Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Letter and C.V.
Philosophy of Education (approx. 500 words)
Philosophy of Discipline (approx. 500 words)
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues across Canada.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.