The Scott Mission
Reporting to the CEO, and working collaboratively with the senior leadership team and board, the Chief of Ministry is a key member of a transformational, integrated, growth focused senior leadership team that directly impacts organizational success by developing and leading transformational, high quality ministry programs with excellence and implementing new structures and program inputs that directly impact the diverse constituencies served by TSM, including: Women and Family Ministries (Food Bank, Clothing, Prayer Groups, Camps); Men’s Ministries (Ministry & Worship, Food, Drop-In, Recreation, Visitation, Outreach, plus a range of other supports and services); Childcare Centre; Camp Ministries; Child and Youth Programs (Summer camps and After School Programs); Housing Recovery; Life Skills; Advocacy; Client Retreats and Volunteer Management.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
Education: Master’s of Divinity / Theology; MBA; Degree or Credentials in Executive Leadership; Graduate in Social Work.
Professional Certifications: A professional designation in Communications or Public Relations would be an asset
Experience: Minimum 8 years of experience in a ministry and program leadership role serving diverse and vulnerable urban populations, including participation on a senior leadership or executive team in a complex and demanding matrix organization.
Knowledge and Skills:
• The Chief of Ministry will bring broad and deep experience as a C-Suite Leader enabling him/her to proactively to lead with vision to transform TSM strategy at the highest level of the organization, to lead and model a culture of transformation, growth and agility, and to effectively execute programs through leadership of multiple ministry and programs managers
• A committed and passionate Christian leader who has a heart to serve the marginalized and is able to translate the Gospel into actions and outcomes
• Results oriented and solutions focused, with evidence of having worked as a true strategy leader, transformational partner, C-Level Executive Team and Board
• Successful leader and subject matter expert in complex and diverse ministry and program strategy, delivery models, structures, and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to develop and lead an integrated ministry and program infrastructure to deliver multiple programs across multiple service and locations with excellence
• Proven experience working with people in poverty and other vulnerable urban populations, understanding their complex needs, demonstrating an understanding of client challenges, ensuring the safety and dignity of all clients served, and measuring meaningful outcomes of programs and services
• Excellent verbal and written communicator who is able to adjust messaging to engage and connect a variety of audiences including diverse client constituencies, staff and stakeholders
• Experience and ability to communicate effectively and be an influencer with media outlets and government bodies
• Proven ability to lead engaged, committed, and high performing teams including team development and performance optimization.
• Membership in a Christian church, a clear commitment to live out your faith, and agreement with the Statement of Faith of The Scott Mission.
• Commitment to providing servant-leadership nourishing a truthful, forgiving, approachable, joyful, and healthy environment.
To submit your application please visit and apply to Job ID 162: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/
For more information about the position, please contact Janice Wooster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.388.4049