The Cridge Centre for the Family
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of The Cridge Centre for the Family.
The Cridge Centre for the Family, located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia seeks an Executive Assistant/Board Liaison.
Serving as the CEO’s right hand, you will be heavily involved in the organization from an executive and strategic vantage point. This is a key position in the organization and carries a high level of responsibility and confidentiality.
Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Serve as approachable “gate keeper” to the CEO Responsible for calendaring and scheduling
- Draft correspondence
- Maintain all departments job descriptions
- Act as a signing authority for the organization
- Responsible for travel arrangements
- Fully familiar with all program departments and emerging issues
- Represent the CEO and the Cridge in a professional and congenial manner in person, on the telephone and in written correspondence
- Work in and with the fundraising database to serve the CEO, Board and Society needs
- Work with department managers to maintain up to date department policy manuals
- Keep the organizational policy manual, risk management policy manual and the CMT policy manual current and propose policy
- Provide administrative support including scheduling and correspondence
- Act as expert resource to the CEO and Board on matters relating to the Societies Act and organizational Bylaws and policies Organize all aspects of the Annual General Meeting
- Maintain the Board and Organization annual calendars and ensure implementation – it is to be noted that this encompasses vast amounts of information, requirements and schedules
- Notify all committees of agendas and deadlines
- Assist with meeting logistics and details
- Attend all board and committee meetings, take minutes, distribute, and maintain
- Maintain and distribute board policy manual
- Assist president and CEO in Board meeting preparation
- Participate in board orientation
- Ensure that timelines, as specified in the bylaws or the society act, are met
- Responsible for filing documents pertinent to maintaining the “in good standing” status of the society
- Prepare annual reports and arrange for printing, and distribution
- Believing that a Christian can activate the power of God through prayer, The Executive Assistant/Board Liaison is required to engage in personal Christian prayer for the organization, its needs and opportunities
- Lead in Christian devotions and prayer at the management team meetings
- Read, understand, commit and comply with the mandate and requirements of The Cridge Centre for the Family Purpose and Statement of Faith
- Organize weekly prayer walks throughout the organization’s property and programs
- Acts as a prayer partner to the CEO
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A focus on legal knowledge, business studies, finance management, HR or marketing preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of senior executive support
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Up to date technical savvy with strong Microsoft Office and PC skills
Application Deadline: February 4 or until the position is filled.
TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.