Shalom Counselling Centre
Reporting to the Board of Directors you will be responsible for the provision of quality counselling services to all clients of Shalom Counselling Centre. In this role you will ensure the Christian values and service philosophy as established by the Board of Directors are respected and practiced by all staff and volunteers. You will represent Shalom to regulatory bodies, other agencies, community and civic organizations, donors, funders, supporters and the general public.
- Report to the Board through regular attendance at Board Meetings and preparation of reports for the Board as required/requested.
- Ensure Shalom’s policies and procedures as approved by the Board are properly implemented and followed.
- Oversee the daily operational aspects of Shalom, including the supervision of all staff and the application of all employee policy and procedures, in a manner consistent with the Alberta Labour Laws.
- Assist in the development of the Board’s strategic plan and be responsible for implementing this plan.
- Ensure operational and financial sustainability of all services and programs.
- Oversee the development of and adherence to the Agency’s annual budget.
Ensure the appropriate financial accountability, controls and audits are in place to safeguard the integrity of Shalom’s finances.
- Engage the community to support the work of Shalom through fundraising and volunteer support.
Be the “face” of Shalom in the community, representing the organization at community events and functions.
- Oversee the submission of grant applications for funding, to government, municipal and other funding providers.
- Establish evaluation procedures for ensuring the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of our service delivery system as well as our adherence to all applicable professional standards.
Provide visionary leadership to a growing and expanding agency in a time of exciting and challenging transition.
- If/when the Board decides to move forward be prepared to lead a capital fund raising campaign and building project as directed by the Shalom Board.
Carry out additional tasks as directed by the Board consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Post secondary degree in the social sciences, business management or a related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years management experience.
- Experience in non-profit human services sector a definite asset.
- Experience in fund raising, community relations, public speaking and working with a Board, are definite assets for this position.
- Proven commitment to the stated Christian values and service philosophy of Shalom Counselling Centre is essential.