Shalem Mental Health Network
An Executive Search conducted by Nelson/Kraft and Associates on behalf of Shalem
Shalem Mental Health Network is a faith-based, Ontario-wide network that provides responsive and preventive mental health support to individuals, families and communities. Our support services seek to restore hope as we develop new, innovative partnerships between communities and professional mental health services, using the strengths of each to effectively meet real mental health needs. Shalem Mental Health Network is seeking an Executive Director who will be key in building a team both within the agency and with client agencies.
With a track record of implementing vision and mission, you will work closely with the board to guide the organization. You will bring a fresh perspective to developing partnerships with mental health agencies, churches, workplaces, and schools. Most importantly, you will have a passion for equipping and supporting communities to better embrace the needs of people who struggle with emotional distress or mental illness.
Education and Qualifications:
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Health Administration or relevant field preferred;
Registration in a professional College relevant to Shalem’s work;
Minimum 5 years’ experience in non-profit executive leadership;
Managerial experience in mental health services provision preferred;
Experience that includes a combination of non-psychotherapy community-based mental health and psychotherapy preferred;
Ability to articulate the integration of their faith with their management philosophy and mental health practice;
Commitment to a restorative approach to relationships;
Experience working collaboratively with community-based mental health agencies and government funders;
Understanding of various mental health clinical models, with a commitment to and fidelity with attachment-focused clinical models (Shalem’s clinical approach) preferred;
Organizational Vision and Development
1) The ED is responsible for supporting the Board’s ongoing, dynamic visioning process, and for leading and guiding the implementation of the vision and mission of Shalem as articulated by the Board.
2) With the guidance of the Board, the ED is responsible for the development and supervision of all the agency’s client services.
3) The ED is responsible for Shalem-wide risk and liability management.
4) In the context of Shalem’s continual pursuit of innovative practice, rooted in the development of new relationships between the professional mental health sector and communities, the ED oversees the continual engagement, development, and sustaining of partnerships with Shalem.
Communications and Fund Development Collaboration
5) The ED is responsible for overseeing Shalem’s Communications and Advancement.
LOCATION: Hamilton, ON Canada
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 8, 2020
Please send your cover letter and resume to Mark Kraft at email@example.com
A complete Opportunity Profile is available upon request.
Please note, qualified candidates for this search must be a Canadian resident at the time of application.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.