Providence University College & Theological Seminary
For nearly a century Providence has been a Christian academic community in the evangelical tradition that teaches people to grow in knowledge and character for leadership and service. Our vision is to become a leading Canadian Christ-centred university that transforms students into leaders of knowledge, character, and faith to serve Christ in a changing world.
Reporting directly to the Provost, the Project Manager supports the Director of the Centre for On-Demand Education (CODE) to expand the work of the Centre. Some of the main tasks will be writing a competency-based curriculum, meeting with prospective partners to further CODE, and working with the software platform to upload the curriculum. The Project Manager must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is driven by the mission of CODE to provide education that is accessible, on-demand, and in keeping with the student’s particular need, level, timing, and interest—utilizing innovative systems such as competency-based education, work-integrated learning, proficiency learning, prior learning assessment, and adult degree completion through working with like-minded partners.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Writing Competency-Based Curriculum
- In collaboration with various partners, the Project Manager will write curriculum that is in keeping with each partner’s vision while maintaining the expectations of CODE and Providence’s accreditation standing.
Management/Maintenance of the Learning Management System
- Become an expert at understanding the learning management platform
- Upload the curriculum onto the software for each partner’s use
- Maintain each iteration that is developed
Promotion of CODE
- Engage with organizations to promote CODE
- At the direction of the Director, travel/meet with developing partnerships
- Assist the Director along with the marketing department in developing materials to market CODE for various partnerships
- Write and edit publications to promote CODE
- Keep personal expense records regarding travel and meetings
- Maintain their calendar for meetings with partners
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- University Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- An understanding of competency-based education is an asset.
- Knowledgeable in curriculum development.
- The ability to write clearly, and concisely.
- Willingness and capacity to learn new software programs for the learning management system.
- Proficient in MS Office 365.
- Professionalism and adherence to ethical standards.
- Solution-minded: Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Knowledge: The job requires someone that understands diverse education systems.
- Communication: Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to write curriculum.
- Travel: The adaptability to engage with various groups to promote CODE under the Director’s leadership.
- Initiative: The job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Dependability: The job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail: The job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing diverse work tasks.
- Ability to work independently: Follow through on multiple assignments promptly, coordinating and prioritizing various diverse tasks.
- Adaptability: Flexible, resilient.
- Team member. Collaborative listener, contributor, and encourager.
- To be in good standing with a local church
- An enthusiastic personal faith commitment
- A commitment to Christian higher education and to Christian ministry
- Affirm Providence’s Covenant of Faith as outlined in the Staff Handbook
- Able and willing to uphold the Covenant of Community Life and model conduct accordingly
- Full-time, in person on the Otterburne campus.
- Occasional travel involved.
Submit a Cover Letter and Resume by email to:
Dr. Nicholas Greco, Provost
c/o Marlin Reimer, Human Resources Manager
Start date: Fall 2022 (date negotiable).
Position: Full-time, with competitive salary range dependent on education and experience.
Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected to proceed in the application process will be contacted.
Further information about Providence University College and Theological Seminary may be found at www.prov.ca.