Providence University College and Theological Seminary
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Providence University College and Theological Seminary
Providence is seeking a well-networked and accomplished leader with a passion and vision for philanthropy to fill the role of Vice President of Development.
Providence is an academic learning community that transforms students into leaders of character, knowledge and faith to serve Christ in a changing world. Providence is a leading Canadian Christian University offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The diverse Providence community is led by dedicated Christian faculty and staff who are committed to helping students deepen their faith, grow in knowledge and develop lifelong connections.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Development is responsible for the advancement and implementation of short and long-term strategic planning of all development activities including alumni relations. The Vice President of Development’s direct responsibilities include maintaining a major donor portfolio, campaign leadership, departmental budgeting and visionary leadership development. The Vice President of Development is also a member of the President’s Cabinet. The Cabinet oversees and is responsible for all activities of the Institution, which include strategy, planning, forecasting and projects.
If you are an energetic and teamwork-oriented leader with a skillset in donor relations, we would love to hear from you!
- In good standing with a local church.
- An enthusiastic personal faith commitment to Jesus Christ.
- A commitment to Christian higher education and to Christian ministry.
- Affirm the Covenant of Faith of Providence University College and Theological Seminary as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Able and willing to uphold the Covenant of Community Life and model conduct accordingly.
- Master’s degree in Leadership, Management, Business, Non-Profits or Higher Education, required; relevant terminal degree, preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Higher Education fundraising and donor development. Related executive leadership experience to be considered.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive and strategic fundraising initiatives to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team.
- Proficient in MS Office 365.
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as warranted.
Location: Otterburne, MB
Application Deadline: July 28, 2022
Start Date: September 2022
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.