Providence University College
For nearly a century Providence has been a Christian academic community in the evangelical tradition that teaches people to grow in knowledge and character for leadership and service. Providence infuses learning with Christian faith, to form and equip students for a wide variety of vocations to participate in God’s creative and redemptive work in the world.
Providence University College invites applications for The Director of The Buller School of Business. The position includes appointment as a full-time, tenure track faculty position in Business Administration at the rank of Associate Professor, beginning July 1, 2021. The application period will close March 30, 2021. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
Reporting to the University College Academic Dean, and serving as a member of the University College Executive Committee, the Director of the Buller School of Business leads the development, reviews, and oversees the implementation of the Providence University College (PUC) strategic plan, articulates and facilitates the distinctive educational goals and programs of the Buller School of Business, leads the Business faculty in developing and maintaining excellent educational programing, including regular review of the Business degree programs.
The successful candidate will have:
• a completed Ph.D. in a field of business administration from an accredited university.
• teaching experience at the undergraduate level
• a demonstrated ability to teach across the breadth of the business curriculum.
• significant business or managerial experience.
• a record or promise of scholarly achievement.
• a broad perspective on business in the Canadian context with strong cross-cultural skills.
• evidence of the potential to be a strong mentor and advisor to undergraduate students
majoring in business.
• an ability to work with students, staff, and faculty in a collegial environment.
• a commitment to infusing business education with Christian faith.
The successful candidate will also have the initiative and drive to lead a dynamic and expanding business administration program, working in collaboration with the other business administration faculty to produce academically competent graduates in a learning environment that emphasizes their faith, character, and skills development.
Because the mission of Providence University College is to educate students at a university level to think, live, and serve effectively in the church and society in a changing world, the successful candidate will also:
• Exhibit enthusiastic personal Christian faith.
• A commitment to Christian higher education and service.
• Be fully supportive of the Providence Mission, Vision and Values.
• Subscribe without reservation to the Providence Covenant of Faith.
• Uphold the Providence Covenant of Community Life.
• To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to:
Cameron McKenzie, Provost and VP Academic c/o Marlin Reimer, Human Resources Manager Email: email@example.com
• Targeted start date for position: July 1, 2021.
• Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled.
• All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
• We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected to proceed in the application process will be contacts.
• Further information about Providence University College may be found at https://www.prov.ca/