Providence Theological Seminary
For nearly a century Providence has been a Christian academic community in the evangelical tradition that teaches people to grow in knowledge and character for leadership and service. Providence Theological Seminary is an evangelical institution whose purpose is to serve the Church by preparing and supporting leaders, developing resources, and facilitating theological reflection. The Seminary is both evangelical and interdenominational which offers certificates, masters and doctoral level programs in traditional classroom format, modular courses, and through distance education. Graduate programs focus on preparing students for Church, counselling, educational, global and academic ministries.
Providence Theological Seminary invites applicants for a full-time (rank open) creative and productive scholar-teacher for our growing and dynamic Counselling Psychology department. Beginning July 1, 2021. Responsibilities will include academic and clinical teaching and advising students in the counselling programs. The candidate will also contribute research and scholarship as well as service to the school, their profession, religious communities, and other contexts. We seek a professor-scholar-practitioner who desires to study, teach, and learn with an attitude of free and open inquiry in an atmosphere of mutual respect and support.
Education & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have:
- An earned doctorate in a counselling-related discipline, or currently pursuing a doctoral degree.
- Teaching experience and counselling credentials.
- An ability to work with students, faculty and staff in a collegial environment.
- A commitment to infusing Christian faith in all aspects of the role.
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident status. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, preference will be given to those with this status.
Rank and salary will be determined by qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will be fully supportive of the Providence mission, vision and values and will affirm the Statement of Faith and agree to abide by the Covenant of Commuity Life.
- To apply, submit a cover letter, CV and supporting documents by email to:
- Dr. Stan Hamm, Academic Dean of the Seminary
- c/o marin Reimer, Human Resources Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted start date for position: July 1, 2021
- Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority.