New Life Church
General Description: The Worship Ministry Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the people and resources needed to provide inspirational worship services for New Life Church.
Hours: Part-time 24 hours per week, including weekday/weeknight hours and Sundays.
Key Activities: The Worship Ministry Coordinator will work with the Worship Branch and Pastor in the following areas. Primary Activities
• Church Year – Help organize themes, liturgies, music, litanies, and décor for the church year.
• Weekly Services – Schedule musicians and all service participants (i.e., worship and technical volunteers) for each week and participate on worship teams as scheduled and needed.
• Leadership and Volunteers – Recruit, train, and encourage worship leaders and volunteers.
• Sacraments and Special Services – Help schedule baptisms, profession of faiths, communion, and/or special services.
• Music – Help develop New Life’s musical library. Ensure that new songs are taught to the congregation and to the applicable musicians. Transposes music as required.
• Art – Work with Visual Liturgist and Art as Worship Team.
• Administration – Supports worship leaders, visual liturgist, pastor, and the worship branch administratively.
• Communication – Ensure that all relevant information regarding services, specials services, and events are communicated through the bulletin, Web site, Facebook and from the pulpit.
• Meetings – Participate in Worship Branch meetings; staff and attend all relevant meetings as request by the Worship Branch.
• Management – Manages licensing (e.g., CCLI, One License, Audio Cine Films, Easy Worship, etc.) and serve as librarian of worship and music resources.
• Equipment – Supervises purchase and maintenance of worship resources including piano, drums, stands, music, and so forth.
Accountability: Worship Branch and Church Council
• Shall have musical abilities.
• Shall have organizational skills.
• Shall have a heart for God and a vision of worship.
• Shall be a member of the Christian Reformed Church and committed to the vision of New Life Church as described in the Membership Covenant.
• Shall have some of the gifts of encouragement, discernment, music creativity, administration, faith, leadership and wisdom.
Resources and Training Needed:
• Conferences and Workshops
• Subscriptions to relevant Journals and Online Recourses
Alison Pyper – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ministry Coordinator, New Life Christian Reformed Church
400 Victoria Rd. N. Guelph, ON