Mission Services of London
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Mission Services of London
Mission Services of London (MSL) is looking for a teamwork-oriented leader with networking skills to join their team as Director of Development & Communications.
The Director of Development & Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of Mission Services of London’s fundraising and communications/PR strategy which secures revenue and increases awareness for the organization. You will oversee all aspects of Development & Communications Team programs such as annual and commemorative giving, special events, middle and monthly giving, major gifts, grants, legacy giving, advocacy, marketing, website and database oversight, and gift processing.
If you are a business savvy and collaborative leader with passions and values that align with Mission Services of London, we would love to connect!
- Develop fundraising and communications/PR strategies; oversee all aspects of Development & Communications Team programs such as annual giving (including direct marketing, events, middle and monthly giving); major gifts including grants; legacy giving; advocacy; communications (including website) and PR; and gift processing (including donation database).
- Create fundraising and communications/PR goals and budgets; hold Development & Communications Team accountable to these goals and budgets.
- Strategize and implement work plans that achieve the successful cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donations to both MSL and MSL Foundation, as well as building of awareness/advocacy around MSL’s services.
- Identify and qualify new donors, and organize initiatives to solicit/secure funding as appropriate.
- Work jointly with MSL Branches to assess funding needs and develop yearly and long-term fundraising plans.
- Produce regular progress reports for the Senior Leadership Team, as well as MSL and MSL Foundation Board of Directors.
- Review MSL’s and MSL Foundation’s existing fundraising and communications/PR programs on a regular basis; research and assess the feasibility of new or refined methods of generating income and awareness.
- Develop and oversee the maintenance of effective systems to support the fundraising and communications/PR functions (this may involve liaising with other teams such as Finance and Reception).
- Maintain an awareness of the work done throughout MSL via effective communication with other managers and staff groups.
- Provide high-quality line management and support to the Development & Communications Team. This includes mentoring, coaching, establishing mutually agreed upon goals, and conducting probationary and annual performance evaluations.
- Attend meetings of Board of Directors, Board or other Committees and MSL Foundation, as well as regular meetings with the Executive Director and the Senior Leadership Team as required.
- Support the work of the MSL and MSL Foundation Boards as appropriate/required.
- Participate in MSL’s and MSL Foundation’s strategic planning process as required.
- Engage with the media as a designated MSL spokesperson as appropriate.
- Engage in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors to MSL and MSL Foundation, including personally soliciting major and legacy donations and maintaining an assigned prospect portfolio for moves management.
- Craft proposal and stewardship reports or other written communications as necessary.
- Manage external consultants or vendors during projects or ongoing programs as appropriate (e.g. direct marketing firm, legacy giving consulting firm, etc.), and engagement in RFP tenders for aspects relevant to the Development & Communications Team.
- Negotiate, review and sign contracts relevant to the work of the Development & Communications Team as needed.
- Research and create policies relevant to the Development & Communications Team as necessary, and engage in the risk management and accreditation initiatives at MSL.
Fundraising and Finance
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and the Senior Leadership Team, create a fundraising budget to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Measure and monitor progress of all fundraising initiatives to ensure compliance with budget requirements.
Location: London, ON
Application Deadline: December 9, 2022
Start Date: January 2022
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.