A search facilitated by Nelson/Kraft & Associates for Mercy Canada.
Are you a relational, people-oriented leader with a track record in donor development and marketing? Mercy Canada is seeking a highly collaborative, competent leader, with experience in donor development, fundraising and marketing. With a track record of working in changing and innovative environments, you will be adept at identifying, planning for and delivering new opportunities to develop and grow our current donor base as we embark on an expansion of our facilities and services. You will bring a fresh creative marketing perspective to the team that effectively communicates our story and inspires partnerships with like-minded individuals, churches and other organizations.
Every woman wants to feel healthy and whole, but many have experienced pain, trauma or abuse in their past. We believe every woman deserves to experience God’s love, freedom and restoration from her pain. Since 2010, we’ve helped over 150 women find hope and healing.
Here’s how we do it:
- We create safe spaces for women to heal.
- We provide biblically-based counselling through our Christ-centered residential care and wellness centre.
- We empower women through life skills training & transitional care.
The need is great and we are growing! In order to build greater capacity, we have paused the residential program as we actively search for a larger property in the Fraser Valley that will facilitate both our residential care program and wellness center. The residential care program helps young women (ages 19 – 30) find healing in a supportive environment during a 6-12 month stay. Our wellness centre is an outpatient initiative that will offer the same programing to women of any age.
Please visit our website at http://mercycanada.ca/about
As the Director of Development and Marketing, you will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and support the goals of Mercy Canada and build quality relationships with individuals, businesses and other ministry organizations. Together, you will be responsible for developing and implementing Mercy Canada’s annual fund development plan, including supporter acquisition and retention. You will be key in developing fundraising strategies to support the purchase of the new property and the expansion of the residential program and wellness centre.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- An undergrad degree in a relevant field
- 3 – 5 years experience in donor development and marketing
- Experience in successfully securing new donors
- Capital campaign experience is a benefit
- Alignment with the faith-based vision of Mercy Canada
- Support the Executive Director in the execution of key priorities and goals
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy based on anticipated revenue needs, encompassing key donors and church partnerships. Provide volunteer program oversight
- Work with the Community Board to implement key priorities in key development opportunities
- Research opportunities to showcase Mercy Canada in the community to recruit and develop new connections
- Develop fundraising strategies to support the acquisition of new expanded facilities and strategies to provide sustainable support for expanded services
- Manage the database system and provide ongoing analysis of donors; develop systems to move donors through participation, engagement and ownership process (PEO)
- Oversee, implement and delegate all fundraising on budget, events and complete an ROI to determine effectiveness
- Communications - use social media to increase public recognition and support; Create and execute newsletters and e-blasts and direct mail campaigns to maximize awareness and development opportunities; Liaise with website consultant to ensure website is optimized and remains up to date
- Deliver strategy, training, and encouragement to the marketing team
LOCATION: Langley, BC, Canada
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 29, 2020
Please note, qualified candidates for this search must be a Canadian resident at the time of application.
If you or someone you know, would like to start a confidential inquiry about this opportunity, or if you would like a copy of our complete Opportunity Profile, please contact Mark Kraft and Larry Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.