Knox Presbyterian Church
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Knox Presbyterian Church
Knox Presbyterian Church is looking for an experienced, servant-hearted leader to join their team as Director of Finance. The Director of Finance is responsible for Knox’s finance and accounting functions, and for supervising the Finance Manager. This includes support of the governance bodies and ministries of the church, and support of other areas such as property management, site renewal and IT. The Director of Finance will be a key member of the team working towards the ongoing renewal of Knox’s site and facilities, will lead the upgrade of their accounting system and the development of their next 3 – 5 year financial framework, and will support new and ongoing ministry initiatives from a budget and finance perspective. If you have a strong focus and work ethic, are passionate about using your God-given skills in the areas of accounting and finance to advance God’s Kingdom, and would like to explore your sense of calling to this role with Knox, we would love to hear from you.
- A Christian with the servant heart of Jesus.
- A proven and experienced leader who values team building, and is able to work independently and take initiative.
- A natural problem solver who thrives on getting the job done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Aspire for excellence in your work.
- Reliable, flexible, patient and adaptable in the face of changing demands.
- Full of honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Able to interpret and apply an understanding of key financial indicators to guide strategy and decision-making.
- Resilient and able to rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Able to maneuver comfortably through policy, process and decision-making bodies.
- A love for challenges and learning new skills.
Education and experience
- Professional accounting designation such as a CPA, CMA or CGA.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field.
- Minimum five years of senior financial management experience, preferably in a charity or not-for-profit environment.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience preparing financial reports based on fund accounting principles.
- Sound judgment within a broad spectrum of finance, accounting, governance and other operational issues.
- Experience working with boards and volunteers.
- Good working knowledge of relevant IT systems that support finance, accounting, payroll and related functional areas.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and support continuous improvement.
Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
Start Date: September/October 2022
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.