Knox Presbyterian Church
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Knox Presbyterian Church
Are you an experienced Finance Manager with a knowledge of not-for-profits? Knox Church is looking for an analytically strong, self-starter to join their team as Finance Manager. Working closely with the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager is responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations, including reconciliations, banking, bill payments and payroll, ensuring full compliance with all financial regulations, policies and procedures. Beyond financial operations, the Finance Manager will share a heart for God and a desire to serve. If this sounds like you, we would love to connect!
- A Christian with the servant heart of Jesus.
- Able to work independently and take initiative, and also able to work as part of a team.
- A natural problem solver and thrive on getting the job done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Aspire for excellence in your work.
- Self-confident, reliable, flexible and persevering.
- Full of honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- A love for challenges and learning new skills.
Education and experience
- Degree or diploma in Accounting/Finance/Business, or an equivalent education or level of experience.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA or CGA) preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience (AP/AR/GL/payroll), preferably in a charity or not-for-profit environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Able to commute to Toronto daily to work onsite.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- A team player who values learning and working in community.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate with different levels of stakeholders and interpret complex information and ideas to a varied audience.
- Committed to increasing client satisfaction and providing prompt and positive service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Will communicate problems and resolutions to the Director of Finance in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet critical deadlines.
- Able to maintain and demonstrate professionalism.
- Detail-oriented, with an analytical mind and good organization skills.
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential information with sensitivity.
Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
Start Date: September/October 2022
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.