Focus on the Family Canada
Focus on the Family Canada is seeking a President who is passionate about strengthening, encouraging and equipping Canadian families. The President will provide oversight and strategic leadership by ensuring that the staff and programs advance the mission and vision of the organization, provides visionary leadership and is responsible for the health and performance of Focus Canada, the success of its operations, and strategic planning.
THE ROLE DESCRIPTION
- Models servant leadership to all engaged in Focus Canada activities, demonstrating integrity and accountability both professionally and personally.
- Provides overall strategic leadership for the organization; facilitates the implementation of the strategic plan as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrates passion for the role and compassion for those Focus Canada serves.
Reports regularly to the Board on the organization’s overall health - including threats and opportunities - that may affect or improve its ability to meet strategic and operational objectives.
- Ensures all legal requirements of Focus Canada as a charitable organization are met. Mitigates risks by ensuring required policies and practices are in place, communicated, and applied.
- Develops and manages the organization’s budget and ensures Focus Canada is consistently operating within its means.
- Ensures fundraising processes are in place alongside other revenue generation mechanisms. Responsible for the maintenance and growth of the annual revenue of the organization.
- Ensures excellent communication and cooperation is maintained between Focus on the Family Canada and Focus on the Family USA in the fulfillment of the above objectives.
Serves as the “face” of the organization, positively representing Focus Canada to donors, government agencies, staff, volunteers, and all stakeholders.
- Builds a strong leadership team.
- Encourages and facilitates professional growth and development of all members of the Focus Canada staff and creates a positive work culture.
Specific Position Requirements:
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and a willingness to adhere to and sign without reservation the Focus on the Family Canada Christian Foundations and Standards document, affirming the biblical view of family.
- Ability to relate to and empathize with those Focus Canada serves; as well as a caring and compassionate approach to staff and stakeholders.
- A “get it done” attitude that will work through barriers towards the fulfillment of Focus Canada’s mission and vision.
- Willingness to travel with an anticipation of up to 12-15 weeks of travel each year.
Experience & Education:
- A post-secondary degree. A post graduate degree, professional designation preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years senior leadership experience, including excellent fiscal management of multi-million budgets.
- Proven understanding of and ability to lead transformational change.
- Fundraising experience, preferred.
Location: Langley, BC
Application Deadline: March 5, 2021
Start Date: TBD
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.