COTTAM UNITED CHURCH
Cottam United Church, located in south-western Ontario, is a Christ-centred, Biblically based community of faith. We are looking for a Family Minister to fill a ¾ time position on our team with the Lead Minister and other staff including our Music Director and Office Administrator. The primary focus of this ministry will be to develop the current children's ministry with the view of creating a comprehensive child and youth ministry from junior kindergarten to grade 12. This includes encouraging the development of a family ministry within the congregation and extending this ministry into the community.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the Sunday School program and support the volunteers
- Recruit, develop and coordinate volunteers.
- Provide leadership for a Summer VBS program
- Develop a parent and tot program.
- Develop partnerships with established children and youth programs in the community including with other churches and schools.
- Lead, on a regular basis, the children's time during worship.
The Family Minister position requires that the person be a baptized Christian with the following gifts and skills:
- Strong and mature Christ-centred, Trinitarian personal faith
- Strong leadership skills that will help empower the members and adherents of Cottam United Church to reach out to the families in our community.
- Clear communication skills.
- Organized self-starter who is able to creatively think outside the box.
- Spiritual gifts required to be an effective team player.
- Musical training would be an asset.
Competitive salary and benefits are available.