In 1987 ChristianWeek founder Harold Jantz launched a small newspaper with a big vision—nothing less than opening a window on Christian faith and life in Canada. Against the odds, it succeeded, and ChristianWeek has been publishing the stories of God and His people in Canada ever since.
ChristianWeek targets a broad spectrum of readers, but generally attracts those who are college age and older. This includes the “every day reader” as well as leaders in church, para-church, education and government. They value their faith, church, community and making a difference in the world.
These readers depend on ChristianWeek to connect them with organizations and companies that have similar values. They support those who maintain the highest level of quality, integrity and dedication to faith-informed lifestyle and business practices.
ChristianWeek is uniquely positioned as Canada’s only national interdenominational news and opinion source. Our goal is to provide relevant, balanced, hope-infusing perspectives on the complex and contradictory realities of life. We help Canadian Christians understand the realities facing Canadian culture, and the relevant ways in which they can get involved to make an impact in the Church and the culture around them. We provide Christian organizations, institutions, and initiatives a digital platform to share how God is working to bring concrete hope into the world.
Our Promise is to provide great stories — ChristianWeek examines issues in the mainstream media from a vital and vibrant faith perspective, as well as profiling individuals, groups and organizations whose voices often go unheard as they endeavour to share Christ’s love.
Clear convictions — ChristianWeek stories and perspectives demonstrate a commitment to the essentials of basic Christianity.
Vision for unity — ChristianWeek involves Christians from many different denominations and provides a place for people from different branches of the family to share their stories.
News you can trust — As an independent news source, ChristianWeek reports fairly and accurately on Christian institutions, issues and events.
Engaging topics — The things that shape people’s lives are worthy of comment. This includes politics, theology, technology, money matters, and entertainment, to name a few.
Our calling is to inform, encourage, and inspire Christians in Canada and around the world. Is this your calling too?
Reporting to the board of directors, more specifically the Board Chairman, you will lead and produce content for ChristianWeek.org. This position will begin as a part time role with the possibility of leading to full time.
Required background and education: Strong business management skills coupled with editorial, subscriptions, advertising, database management, digital media, have in-depth knowledge of digital publishing, Social Media, SEO and SEM practices, custom publishing, quantitative and qualitative research and financial analysis are essential. Superior attention to detail with demonstrated communications skills and the ability to work in an independent self managed environment. Must be committed to the advancement of the Gospel.
- Direct all business relative to the publishing and communications efforts of FPW
- Identify and research new revenue opportunities.
- Assist in determining strategy for new publishing or communications opportunities.
- Represent the national/international interests of FPW domains, properties and ministry efforts.
- Conduct market based research on individuals, institutions, corporations, and foundations for the purpose of using electronic/digital communications to deliver timely, targeted messages to the Christian community.
- Write briefings for and oversees and organizes events and business meetings.
- Conduct prospect searches to match potential advertising and sponsorship projects.
- Recruit, organizes and oversees advertising, and administration.
- Establish and maintain subscriber/advertiser database and tracking system.
- Assist board in fund development activities.
- Develop editorial content for ChristianWeek and new publishing initiatives.
- As an Ambassador, work with other agencies and associations to ensure common standards of professional conduct and develop resources to strengthen the broader Christian writing community in Canada.
- Discover and develop editorial contributors.
- Represent ChristianWeek at conferences, symposia and in professional associations.
- Represent Christian positions to media (mainstream) .
- Network with leaders to increase readership for FPW publishing initiatives, to gather news and content ideas, to produce special projects and promote FPW.
- Write news and feature articles as determined by Board.
- Write On the Record.
- Write and solicit Opinions (columns, cartoon, letters, editorial).
- Books editor (in conjunction with reviews).
- Column editor (discover and manage most regular columnists).
- Manage writer and content aggregation relations.
- Discover news stories.
- Develop feature ideas.
- Sign off on published editorial.
- Develop and submit editorial budget.
- Develop special projects .
To apply please send your cover letter and resume by email to Board of Directors at admin@christianWeek.org Closing October 15, 2019