Capstone Asset Management
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Capstone Asset Management.
Capstone Asset Management is dedicated to the growth and preservation of our client’s investments, by investing in both traditional and non-traditional assets. Headquartered in Langley, BC, Capstone seeks a Chief Financial Officer to provide collaborative leadership and overall financial management for the business.
Reporting to the President/CIO, the CFO will be responsible for providing leadership and financial management in the areas of strategic planning, corporate and fund tax structuring, audit reporting, legal, risk management, budgeting, P&L improvement, organizational structure/HR, information technology, and effective and efficient internal financial and business processes.
As a member of the senior leadership team, consisting of the President/CIO, Chief Compliance Officer, and the Senior Portfolio Manager, the CFO will provide a collaborative leadership style while being empowered to implement the strategic improvements in the business to handle the increased complexity and sophistication associated with aggressive growth. The CFO will shape and implement the fund tax structures, internal processes, infrastructure/systems, organization, and external partnerships needed to support the growth over the next 5-7 years.
In alignment with the vision, mission and values of the organization, the CFO will create a positive team culture and uphold high standards of excellence, conduct and principles to safeguard both the integrity and reputation of the business, while driving continuous improvement and innovation.
- CPA required; MBA/CFA preferred
- 10+ years professional accounting experience.
- Previous CFO experience including public accounting practice, legal, audit, taxation, risk,
compliance, financial management, investment pool structuring preferred.
- Finance experience within an investment firm environment with Fund legal and tax structuring
- Excellent people skills, with a collaborative leadership style and experience working in a senior
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies,
and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Demonstrated success leading a finance team within a growing and complex business.
- A clear communicator, capable of effective delegation, and the building of strong interpersonal
relationships and successful teams.
- Fully aligned with Capstone’s values of Integrity, Excellence, Contemplation, Service, and a
Biblically informed approach.
Application Deadline: August 6, 2021
Send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website. ABOUT US
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for- profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.