Canadian Foodgrains Bank
A search facilitated by Nelson/Kraft & Associates for Canadian Foodgrains Bank.
For over 35 years the Canadian Foodgrains Bank (CFGB) has worked towards a world without hunger initially through the compassionate efforts of a small group of Canadian Mennonite farmers shipping their excess grain to Bangladesh. Those efforts have grown to a partnership of 15 churches and church-based agencies offering expanded international programs in food assistance, agriculture and livelihoods, nutrition, and advocacy and education always with the mission to end global hunger.
Their new Executive Director (ED) will be a Christian servant leader, passionate about transformative change in the world through churches, and who connects with a faith community. This person lives authentically and inspires trust across a diverse stakeholder base. The ED will be a relational bridge-builder, a strong listener, and a leader who fosters leadership, with successful experience in both planning for and leading complex organizations. This person is also in tune with established and emerging trends in the humanitarian sector.
Your passion for a world without hunger accomplished through the Christian community could make you CFGB’s next leader. Contact us to learn more.
* Strategic Leadership – Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide Canadian Foodgrains Bank’s operational goals and direction.
* Innovation For Financial Performance and Viability – Provide leadership as a financial delegate in developing organizational plans to maintain and accelerate board approved budgets.
* External Relationships – Build, strengthen, and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders to grow organizational initiatives.
* Masters’ Degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study.
* Minimum 10 years’ experience in a key leadership position, including demonstrated competency in fiscal management.
* Knowledge of international relief and development, particularly food aid and food security.
* Effective leadership skills, both proven aptitude for change management and organizational development.
* Well-developed analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, for English and preferably French.
* A well-defined sense of diplomacy including negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
* High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
* Ability to articulate the mission and vision of Canadian Foodgrains Bank reflecting its broad Christian ethos.
* Ability to creatively and strategically overcome internal and external challenges or obstacles.
* Ability to identify, influence, and build coalitions with national leaders’ partners and other key partners, and organizations as it relates to resource generation.
Further information about the Canadian Foodgrains Bank at https://foodgrainsbank.ca
Application Deadline: October 25, 2019.
Please note that only Permanent Residents and Canadian citizens residing in Canada at the time of application will be considered at this time.