This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Alpha Canada
The Chief Development Officer will generate value and raise funds for Alpha Canada as well as its international programs through leadership of all philanthropic engagement and relationships with high-net-worth individuals, corporations, foundations, and legacy givers, as well as develop meaningful partnerships with Canadian churches.
As a member of the Alpha Canada Leadership Team, you will participate in strategic planning for the organization and create a growth plan for the Philanthropy Team that inspires and provides a way for Canadians to shift the typical charitable value exchange from simply good will to effective impact in the world. Alpha Canada aspires to be the top partner of choice for high-net-worth givers and other specialized partners.
Does this Sound Like You?
* You are a servant leader that is people-centric, entrepreneurial, data savvy, and a great storyteller who communicates from the heart, executes with the mind, and is inspired by the Holy Spirit.
* You are a passionate fundraiser who builds required systems and ways of working, and unifies a team to perform at a high level of excellence.
* You are a creative thinker.
* You are driven and results oriented.
* You are a trusted thought partner.
* You are a collaborative and persuasive communicator.
* Master’s degree (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent.
* CFRE designation is strongly preferred.
* 7+ years of successful not-for-profit fundraising.
* 5+ years of experience in coaching teams toward excellence.
* Proven success at raising and retaining a $1M annual portfolio of major donors; comparable experience in corporate sales will be considered.
Knowledge and Alignment
* Knowledge of the non-profit sector, and CRA fundraising rules and guidelines.
* Strong business knowledge and able to think/strategize in a number of business environments.
* Exceptional knowledge of philanthropy strategies/public relations to build brand awareness and donor confidence.
* Must be fully aligned with the mission and values of Alpha Canada.
* Must be able to work evenings and weekends – schedule is often determined by donor availability and/or fundraising events.
* Must be willing to work long hours to reach fundraising deadlines.
* Must be willing to travel to meet with potential donors.
Location: Remote/Hybrid – office located in New Westminster, BC
Application Deadline: February 6, 2023
Start Date: Spring 2023
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.